Monday, April 22, 2013

The One Fund Boston Charity

Many of you will remember my posts about Swagbucks.

For those who didn't get a chance to see them, Swagbucks is where I get all my gift cards. Swagbucks is such an easy site to get them from! Do a few things daily such as voting in a daily poll, looking through a list of offers (no purchase needed), watch a few videos, or play a few games and each of these things will give you a few Swag Bucks. In essence, Swag Bucks are like dollars that you can then 'buy' gift cards with. The big bucks tend to roll in when you qualify and takes surveys or (where I get most of mine) make your default search engine the Swagbucks search engine. A few times a day one of my searches will win me some Swag Bucks, usually about 7 or maybe 20 Swag Bucks but I have won 50 and MORE from just my usual searches.

A $5 Amazon gift card is only 450 Swag Bucks, so I get a few of these a month and still have points left over. Right this second, I have over $60 in my Amazon account just from these free gift cards!! It may not seem like a lot, but I'm always making purchases. Since the beginning of the year, I've received about $200+ in gift cards.

But I would give up every single gift card I could get with my Bucks just to donate them to a good cause!!!




For those of you who, like me, are looking for ways to help those in Boston affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013 this post is for you.

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. The One Fund Boston will act as a central fund to receive much needed financial support.

All the Swag Bucks you donate this month will be turned into a cash donation, given directly to The One Fund Boston foundation. Every Swag Buck you donate is greatly appreciated and will go directly to the cause.

Every Swag Buck donated equals $0.01, so donating 1,000 Swag Bucks is equivalent to donating ten dollars. To donate by check or credit card, or for more information on the One Fund Boston foundation and how you can help, please visit onefundboston.org.

If you don't have a Swagbucks account, just signing up will give you some Bucks to donate. There are also all those tasks I mentioned above that will get you even more with only a few minutes of your time every day! When I first signed up, I was amazed at how quickly my Swag Bucks added up, especially after trying other sites that claimed the same but where my points never seemed to add up. With this site, you'll likely have enough Swag Bucks to make a much larger donation than you could do with your own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?